Assalamu Alaikum wb,
Here are a few Hadith’s I’ve come across:
- The Prophet (s.a.w.) said, ‘A believer is fun and playful, and a hypocrite is grim and angry.’ [Tuhaf al-`Uqoul, p. 49]
- Imam al-Baqir (a.s.) said, ‘Indeed Allah loves those who are playful among people without obscenity.’ [al-Kafi, v. 2, p. 663, no. 4]
- Imam al-Sadiq (a.s.) said, ‘Every single believer should have playfulness in him.’ [The narrator said] I asked, ‘What is playfulness?’ He replied, ‘Joking.’ [al-Kafi, v. 2, p. 664, no. 2]
- Imam al-Sadiq (a.s.) asked Yunus al-Shaybani, ‘How much do you jest around with each other?’ I said, ‘Little.’ He said, ‘This is not how it should be, for playing is part of good character, and through that you bring happiness to your brother, and the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.) would jest with people wanting to make them happy.’ [al-Kafi, v. 2, p. 663, no. 3]
- "There is not a believer but that he has a sense of humor, and the Holy Prophet (S) used to make jokes and he never said anything except the truth.” - Imam Sadiq (a.s.), al-Mustadrak 8:408
Take a moment to appreciate what a blessing it is to be alive.
Mary Kate Teske (via jawnsnough)
All too reevent.